All wired up…

So on Tuesday, I decided to tackle the wiring… I knew it was a pretty big job ahead of me converting the harness from OBD2 Siemens to a plug in to VEMS, also slimming down the harness from all the unneeded BS that I would no longer be using after.

The start…

starting to sort and shrink the harness…

88pin connector gone!

Pulling the spaghetti out…

Organizing the mess:

all cleaned up!

Used one of the O2 sensor connectors to use as my 4 BAR MAP sensor wiring that I will mount under the IM:

Finishing touch after two nights of work:

Yesterday I got all the rest of my gaskets that I needed to button up the head… so I installed the VANOS unit and buttoned down the valve cover…

Installed a fresh set of BKR7E’s gapped to 0.024-25″…

and installed the COP’s..

Then it was time to test fit the SPA manifold, unfortunately the flanges were cut and due to previous heat cycling it didn’t want to slide over the exhaust studs). So I went and drilled all of the flange holes slightly larger on the manifold and while I was there drilling I also drilled a hole for my EGT sensor…

Manifold and turbo on the motor so I can choose where to put the drain..

By the looks of things I’m going to make it straight shot into the pan directly under the turbo instead of going past the turbo and using the 45 deg situation that the previous owner used, and I will be looking to making hard lines for the turbos water cooling instead of using the rubber hoses that came with the kit from Bob.

And of course due to the limited space and some very rusted manifold bolts I had to put in an order to BMW today for 24 new M54 exhaust manifold studs (they’re shorter by a few mm) and nuts (thanks to the parts guys Mike and Ashmid! at Maranello BMW). Should be here tomorrow, which should allow me to get the motor back in the car at the latest on Saturday after installing the new RMS and the UUC twin disc :)

0 comments